Five things you need before you apply
1. An email address. We’ll use this to send you updates on your application and set up your Our Pass account.
2. A passport style photo to upload. Using a camera phone or digital camera, ask someone to take a passport-style colour photo of you against a plain background. Make sure it’s just your head and shoulders. Photographs of photos, or blurred photos, will be rejected. Check the diagrams below for tips.
3. Proof of your date of birth. To be eligible, you need to have been born between 01/09/2002 and 31/08/2004. You will need to photograph, scan or colour copy a document that has your date of birth. Make sure the copy you upload is clear, and shows the whole document or page. It should be uploaded as a pdf or .jpg and below 5mb in size. Check the diagrams below for tips. Choose from the following documents:
- Driving licence
- Birth or adoption certificate
- NHS medical card
- Biometric residence permit
- Valid UK ID card
- EU/ EEA ID card
- HM forces ID card
4. Proof that you live in Greater Manchester. You will need to photograph, scan or colour copy an official letter that has your address on it. We don’t accept letters from your school or college. Show the whole letter, so that we can see the letterhead AND your address. You can blank out any sensitive information. Check the diagrams below for tips. Choose from the following documents:
- Letter from HMRC or government agency e.g. Department for Work and Pensions or National Insurance number
- Driving licence
Or one of these, which have to have been issued within the last three months (make sure we can see the date on the copy you send us):
- Letter or statement from your bank or building society (you can download statements from most online banking accounts)
- Utility bill
- Mobile phone bill
5. A way to pay. There is a £10 administration charge, and so you’ll need a valid payment card with you (so that you can see both the front and the back of the card). Make sure that you know the billing address for this card.
Uploading your photo? Some extra tips:
The best format is .jpg. For iOS / Apple devices, go to settings / camera / formats, and choose “most compatible”. For Android devices, open the camera app, click the settings button (gear icon) / save options / unselect “HEIF pictures”.
The best picture size is 4:3. For iOS / Apple devices, open the camera app and “photo” setting will take images using this size. For Android devices, open the camera app, click the settings button (gear icon) / for rear camera or front camera (depending on which is used) and set the “picture size” to 4:3.
Problems or questions?
Sometimes, applications are rejected because the wrong information has been supplied, or in the wrong format. If your application has been rejected because there’s a problem with your photo, proof of address or date of birth documents, you can upload new ones. Read our guide to find out what you can do to make sure your application is accepted, and then click the Manage Application button to edit your application. After this, the website will take you to the payment screen. At this point, please get in touch with the team on 03000 035 035 and we will be able to complete your application for you – you won’t need to pay again.
When will you get your membership card?
If you’re successful in your application, you’ll usually receive your pass within 7-10 working days. If you’re applying from 1 July for membership that begins on 1 September 2020, your card will arrive in mid-August, so that it’s ready for you to begin using it in September. You can use your membership card straight away: head back to this site to activate your website account (so that you can get access to exclusive member offers), and use it immediately on buses.
Lost or stolen card?
If your Our Pass is lost, stolen or damaged, you can order a new one by either logging into your card application account to ‘manage your application‘ or by contacting our Customer Service Team on 0300 323 0777. Phone lines are open from 7am to 8pm, Monday to Friday and 8am to 8pm at weekends and on bank holidays. A replacement Our Pass will then be sent to the home address registered on your account. There is a replacement fee of £10.
Contact us if you need help