Five things you need before you apply
1. An email address. We’ll use this to send you updates on your application and set up your Our Pass account. You cannot use the same email address for a second Our Pass card account and will get an error message if you try.
2. A passport style photo to upload. Using a camera phone or digital camera, ask someone to take a passport-style colour photo of you against a plain background. Make sure it’s just your head and shoulders. Photographs of photos, or blurred photos, will be rejected. Check the diagrams below for tips.
3. Proof of your date of birth. To be eligible for the next intake, you need to have been born between 01/09/2004 and 31/08/2006.
You will need to photograph, scan or colour copy a document that has your date of birth. Make sure the copy you upload is clear, and shows the whole document or page. It should be uploaded as a pdf or .jpg and below 5mb in size. Check the diagrams below for tips. Choose from the following documents:
- UK Passport, EU or EEA passport
- Provisional or full driving licence
- Long or short birth certificate (inc. Non-EU Birth Certificate)
- Adoption Order/Certificate
- A PASS proof of age card (Validate UK ID card)
- NHS medical card
- NHS App Personal Details Screenshot
- Biometric residence permit (BPR)
- Validate UK ID card
- EU/ EEA national ID card
- HM forces ID card
- UFF/GV3 Declaration of identity form
- Letter from Local Authority of legal guardianship
4. Proof that you live in Greater Manchester. You will need to photograph, scan or colour copy an official letter that has your address on it. Show the whole letter, so that we can see the letterhead AND your address. You can blank out any sensitive information. Check the diagrams below for tips. Choose from the following documents:
- Full or provisional driving licence (if not being used for proof of age)
- Full or provisional driving licence screenshot of address details.
- National Insurance letter (must show current address)
- Letter from a government department eg HM Revenue and Customs, Department for Work and Pensions or Department for Education
Or one of these, which have to have been issued within the last three months (make sure we can see the date on the copy you send us):
- Letter or statement from your bank or building society (you can download statements from most online banking accounts)
- Recent mobile phone bill or utility bill*
- A letter from HMRC about Tax Credits or Child Benefit addressed to a parent or guardian, in which the young person is named
5. A way to pay. There is a £10 administration charge, and so you’ll need a valid payment card with you (so that you can see both the front and the back of the card). Make sure that you know the billing address for this card.
Cannot provide one of the above documents? Under exceptional circumstances whereby you have been rejected or cannot provide one of the above named documents we would accept on of the following as proof that you live in Greater Manchester. Choose from the following documents:
- A confirmation letter from college confirming enrolment or a letter specifically confirming proof of age or proof of address
- A letter from a government agency as listed at https://www.gov.uk/government/organisations
- A letter from your local council that can confirm address
- A letter from your GP dated within the last 3 months, must have NHS number on within the content of the letter
Uploading your photo? Some extra tips:
The best format is .jpg. For iOS / Apple devices, go to settings / camera / formats, and choose “most compatible”. For Android devices, open the camera app, click the settings button (gear icon) / save options / unselect “HEIF pictures”.
The best picture size is 4:3. For iOS / Apple devices, open the camera app and “photo” setting will take images using this size. For Android devices, open the camera app, click the settings button (gear icon) / for rear camera or front camera (depending on which is used) and set the “picture size” to 4:3.
Problems or questions?
Sometimes, applications are rejected because the wrong information has been supplied, or in the wrong format. If your application has been rejected because there’s a problem with your photo, proof of address or date of birth documents, you can upload new ones. Read our guide to find out what you can do to make sure your application is accepted, and then click the Manage Application button to edit your application. Although you have already requested an Our Pass you will need to log in to your travel account and click ORDER A CARD NOW. This will only then require you to upload the new evidence and SUBMIT. At this point the information will be sent to us and you can log out, please CLEAR BASKET before clicking LOGOUT. At the payment screen LOGOUT and call us on 0300 323 0777. You won’t need to pay again.
When will you get your membership card?
If you’re successful in your application and you’re applying from 3 May for membership that begins on 1 September 2022, your card will arrive in mid-August, so that it’s ready for you to begin using it in September. If you’re applying after September, or for a replacement card, you’ll usually receive your pass within 5-7 working days. You can use your membership card for travel straight away: head back to this site to activate your website account (so that you can get access to exclusive member offers).
Lost or stolen card?
If your Our Pass card is lost, stolen or damaged, you can order a new one by either logging into your card application account to ‘manage your application‘ or by contacting our Customer Service Team on 0300 323 0777. Phone lines are open from 7am to 8pm, Monday to Friday and 8am to 8pm at weekends and on bank holidays. A replacement Our Pass card will then be sent to the home address registered on your account. There is a replacement fee of £10.
Contact us if you need help
If you have any problems with your application, or have any questions, contact us or call us on 0300 323 0777.